Wednesday, April 13, 2011

13 APR Wed - Dust Storm in Kuwait

Today I am with friends in Kuwait. A dust storm blew in early this morning. We are not going outside today because of the dust. My friend in Kuwait wants to take his Chinese wife to American so they went to the US Embassy with applications for her visa. They applied on line. They were given an appointment today. Last year she applied but she was denied. This year they passed the interview.

They have known each other for 3 years and have been married for 2 years. She has a son in China. He has a good job in Kuwait. It is surprising to me that they were declined a visa last year but passed the interview this year with no explanation and no apparent reason.
The dust storm today is not nearly as bad as the one a few weeks ago. You can watch videos of the dust storm on you tube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD1Ff1h_4so.

From the 8th floor of the apartment building where I am staying I can normally see about 1/2 mile to the oceans then miles out to the horizon. Today I cannot even see to the end of the block.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers