Sunday, March 20, 2011

03MAR 2011 THU Buying Computers in Yanji

03Mar 2011 Thu - We woke early at 5:30 am to catch the train to Yanji again.  I wanted to stay in bed where it is warm but I have to get up.  The trains leave at 6:20 am and at 6:50.  The train station is about a 20 minute walk from the apartment.

Again it is freezing cold.  I am wearing boots, long underwear under hiking pants, with three layers on top plus a winter coat, two pairs of gloves, stocking cap and wool scarf wrapped around my face.  With all these clothes, I am not too cold.   However, I see many other people without hat or gloves. 

We buy tickets for the train.  The cost is 7 Yuan for each person or about $1.25 USD. 

We have two objectives – buy computers and open bank account at Agriculture Bank of China (ABC Bank).   My host wants to buy a computer for daughter.  I also want to open a bank account at the ABC Bank to begin investing in China and the Chinese Yuan.

On the 40 mile trip, we pass several small farming town with about 20 – 50 homes for the families that work in the rice fields during the growing season. They are poorer than the farmer’s home where I had dinner. Smoke is coming from the chimneys since they are burning wood for heat and cooking. It is very cold.  We keep our coats on during the train ride.

 

ABC Bank

No one can speak English in any ABC Bank in Jilin or so I am told.  When I go to Beijing I will check with ABC in Beijing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers